This version of Tillie we call Neon Tillie. The original Tillie mural on the Palace Amusements had neon lighting. And he winked. Palace Amusements was abandoned and torn down. Neon Tillie Mouse Pad is our tribute to that heyday. Tillie was named for George C. Tilyou (1862-1914) of Coney Island’s Steeplechase fame. Asbury Park’s Tillie was originally painted on Palace Amusements in 1955.
For more info on Tillie, check out historian Helen Pike's post on the Fun House blog.